Porsche has recently announced in Stuttgart that the 2012 Porsche Cayman S Black Edition is going to be put on sale. The new model is a hybrid car and a sports car at the same time. The possible buyers already know how the model looks like because it was launched in 2010 at the Geneva Auto Show. Because it is a hybrid the car only consumes 3 liters of fuel per 100 km. Given the fact that it is a sports car it has only two seats.[Not a valid template]
Here is some information about the 2012 Porsche Cayman S Black Edition:
- The producer will only create 918 units because it is a limited edition car.
- The price of the car will begin at 645.000 Euro and rise as you add more features.
- The car has a V8 engine with 500 horse power and a capacity of 4 liters of fuel.
- The model will be available in the United States of America in 2013.
- The earlier you order the car the faster you are going to receive it. The first lot of cars to be delivered will be available in November 2013.
- The designer found its inspiration for the Porsche Cayman S Black in two models: Carrera GT, Porsche 917 and RS Spyder.
- The model provides two seats, a carbon fiber reinforced plastic monocoque base, manual roof system and a front luggage compartment.
- The model has a seven gear Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe. The gear is completed by two electric motors: one in the front and one in the back of the car.
- The 918 Spyder has an all-wheel drive with independent control of the propulsion force on both axles.
- The place where the energy is stored consists of a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery which you can charge every time you run out of energy.
- The time you spend on charging the battery depends on the country you leave in. For example, in Germany it takes about 3 hours to charge your car. In the future it will take less to charge the battery.
As you can see the 2012 Porsche Cayman S Black Edition is an amazing car which many would like to have. Because it is a special edition the price is high and you have to order it in advance. We do not know how many models are available but if you want to buy it you should go ahead and order it because it will take some time to get it.
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S Edition 918 Spyder Pictures Gallery